The Ehsaas Emergency Cash Programme was initiated by former prime minister Imran Khan. It was introduced in 2020 during the COVID-19 era with the aim to provide financial assistance to needy and deserving people of our country. Under this programs, Rs. 14,000/- is given to registered individuals through branchless banking channels.
Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program 2023
New registrations for Ehsaas emergency cash program are now open and you can get your registered. In this article, I’ll guide you through the entire procedure of the Ehsaas emergency cash registration. The Government of Pakistan has created the Ehsaas Program 8171 to help people who have been greatly impacted by the coronavirus and are facing financial difficulties.
This program aims to support individuals like daily wage earners and labor guardians who are unable to work due to safety measures.
Eligibility for this Program
The following points clear the confusion as to what sectors and individuals can and cannot apply for the Ehsaas emergency cash program.
- Employees who work for the government in provinces and federal departments cannot apply.
- The program includes all provinces, including AJK and Gilgit Baltistan.
- Women beneficiaries who have already received 12,000 rupees through the Ehsaas Kafala program are eligible.
- The provincial government also provides payments through the Ehsaas emergency cash program.
- Punjab will allocate 7 million rupees to help the poor, while Sindh will allocate 2.5 million rupees.
- Other provinces are also providing payments to support their residents.
Requirements & How to Apply?
Carefully read and understand the following steps to apply for this program:
- Start by filling out the provided form.
- Enter your CNIC and mobile number.
- To receive the payment, you can visit the nearest HBL branch or you could use branchless banking channels like ATMs and the HBL Konnect mobile application.
- Send your CNIC to 8171 and get registered.
- Make sure to send the ID card from your own mobile number that is registered on the CNIC you are providing.
- In both types of registration, the applicant gets the message of confirmation if you are eligible.
Required Documents for Applying to this Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program are:
- Registered mobile number.
- Email (optional).
The global economy, including Pakistan, was significantly impacted by the severe consequences of Covid-19. People suffered a lot in terms of finances especially low-income class groups and daily wagers. To address the poverty in the country and to help its suffering citizens, former prime minister Imran Khan took extraordinary steps in this regard. Ehsaa’s emergency cash program was one of the many initiatives he took to help needy citizens in those distressful times. Under this program, a one-time installment of Rs. 12,000/- used to be given to people who were needy. Now the amount has been increased from 12,000 PKR to 14,000 PKR.