Prime Minister of Pakistan Mr. Imran Khan for the very first time in the history of Pakistan and the Higher education commission took the initiative of announcing 50,000 need base scholarships to students who belong to poor families. The literacy rate in Pakistan is quite low and the reason is that students cannot afford their educational expenses.
The development and progress of a country depends on education, Pakistan is a country where students are unable to get higher education due to poverty. So, the Ehsaas scholarship program is a great achievement in the education department because students belonging to the middle class and poor families now will be able to get higher education and almost 200,000 students will get the scholarships.
Ehsaas Scholarship Program
Ehsaas scholarship program targets to bring revolution in education by improving the literacy rate in our country where as much as possible students will get to afford higher education.
Ehsaas Scholarship Program at the Undergraduate Level:
Almost 50,000 students at the undergraduate level are being provided scholarships for their educational expenses under the Ehsaas scholarship program. Students who belong to poor families and have family incomes of less than 45,000 rupees are eligible for this scholarship.
Along with this scholarship, an additional 4,000 rupees per month are given to the student. The program will cater to each and everything that comes in the expense of the education of the eligible students.
HEC Ehsaas Scholarship Financial Benefits:
Ehsaas Scholarship Programme will provide scholarships to students in all the provinces of Pakistan, Punjab, KP, Balochistan, Sindh and Kashmir. It will not only increase the number of students in higher education but will also encourage students from poor backgrounds to get themselves educated and be a part of the country’s prosperity.
Overview of Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship:
This scholarship will be awarded by the government of Pakistan to 50,000 undergraduate Pakistani students which will cover their tuition fee and monthly expenses of a hostel.
The yearly stipend is given along with tuition fees in the Ehsaas undergraduate scholarship program. Here is the list of Universities providing HEC Ehsaas undergraduate scholarships.
- Sindh Agriculture University, Tandojam
- Sukkur Institute of Business Administration, Sukkur
- Benazir Bhutto Shaheed University Lyari, Karachi
- Dawood UET Karachi
- QUEST Nawabshah
- Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur
- The University of Karachi
- Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto University of Law, Karachi
- SHAHEED MOHTARMA BENAZIR BHUTTO MEDICAL Larkana
- Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi
- Institute of Business Administration, Karachi
- BBSUTSD) Khairpur Mirs
- Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences Jamshoro
- MUET JAMSHORO
- Peoples university of medical and health science, Sindh
- NED, Karachi
- The Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University of Veterinary And Animal Sciences Sakrand
- SMI, Karachi
- The University of Sufism and Modern Sciences, Bhitshah
- University of Sindh jamshoro
- Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University Benzirabad Nawabshah
- PAQSJIMS, GAMBAT
- Jinnah Sindh Medical University, Karachi
- Government College University, Hyderabad
- The Shaikh Ayaz University, Shikarpur
- Punjab Tianjin University of Technology-Lahore
- Government College Women University, Sialkot
- Information Technology University Lahore (ITU)
- King Edward Medical University
- Kinnaird College For Women, Lahore
- Lahore College for Women University (LCWU)
- National College of Arts (NCA)
- National Textile University -FSD
- Fatima Jinnah Medical University-Lahore
- Rawalpindi Medical University (RMU)
- University of Narowal
- Fatima Jinnah Women University-Rwp
- University of Okara
- University of Sahiwal
- University of Gujrat
- The University of Punjab, Lahore
- University of Education
- The University of Health Sciences, UHS
- University of Sargodha
- PMAS-Arid Agriculture University, Rawalpindi
- GCU, Faisalabad
- GCWU, Faisalabad
- UAF, Faisalabad
- Ghazi University, D G khan
- BZU, Multan
- Women’s University, Multan
- MNS UET, Multan
- MNS Agriculture University, Multan
- NFCEIT, Multan
- Nishtar Medical University, Multan
- IUB, Bahawalpur
- GSCWU, Bahawalpur
- The Cholistan University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Bahawalpur
- Khwaja Fareed University (KFUEIT), R Y Khan
- Faisalabad Medical University, Faisalabad
- Rawalpindi Women’s University, Rawalpindi
- University of Mianwali
- University of Home Economics, Lahore
- FATA University, Kohat
- Agriculture University Peshawar
- Women University Mardan
- UET Mardan
- Women University Swabi
- University of Swabi
- IMS Peshawar
- Islamia College Peshawar
- UET Peshawar
- University of Haripur
- Khushal Khan Khattak University, Karak
- UoT Nowshehra
- KUST Kohat
- University of Buner
- AUST Abbottabad
- Khyber Medical Peshawar
- Gomal University
- Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University Shringal, Dir Upper
- Abdul Wali Khan University
- University of Swat
- The University of Malakand
- University of Lakki Marwat
- Hazra University Mansehra
- The University of Peshawar
- University of Chitral
- University of Science & Technology, Bannu
- Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Women’s University, Peshawar
- Bacha Khan University
- Air University, Islamabad
- Bahria University, Islamabad
- Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science, and Technology
- Islamic International University (IIUI)
- Institute of Space Technology, Islamabad
- NUML, Islamabad
- National University of Medical Sciences, Rawalpindi
- NUST, Islamabad
- Quaid-E-Azam University
- SZAB Medical University
- UET Khuzdar
- The Lasbela University of Agriculture Water and Maring Sciences Uthal
- Sardar Bahadur Khan Women’s University Quetta
- Turbat University
- University of Loralai
- Balochistan University of Information Technology, Engineering and Management
- Bolan University of Medical and Health Sciences. Quetta
- University of Balochistan,
- MUST, Mirpur, AJK
- AJKU, Muzaffarabad
- Women University, Bagh, AJK
- University of Poonch, Rawlakot
- Kotli University, Kotli, AJK
- Karakorum Internatinal University, Giglit
- University of Baltistan
Ehsaas Scholarship Programme 2023 Deadline:
The last date for applying Ehsaas scholarship programme 2023 is 31st December 2023. Students are directed to apply online by submitting their application form along with their documents.
The following students will be eligible for the scholarship.
- Fresh admission student of 2021 of any HEC-recognized government institute.
- Student family income lies in the eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
- The student has been admitted on merit announced by the institute.
- Students must be enrolled in the degree recognized by HEC.
- The age of the student should be of an undergraduate student.
Students who are eligible for scholarships.
- If a student is availing of any other scholarship will not be eligible for the Ehsaas scholarship.
- Students enrolled both in private as well as government institutes.
- The student will not be eligible if he has been admitted to a degree program having a high fee structure.
- Post-degree program students such as students enrolled in master’s degrees are eligible.
- Students who hold associate degrees.
Ehsaas Scholarship for Women:
Female students of our country who are studying in government institutes are eligible for fifty percent of Ehsaas undergraduate scholarship.
This is such an amazing step by the government which will pave the way for the education of females in the country.
The Ehsaas Scholarship Program is a special program that helps students who come from low-income families to continue their education. It provides financial assistance to cover their educational expenses such as tuition fees, books, and other related costs. Ehsaas Scholarship Programme aims to make education more accessible and affordable for deserving students, allowing them to pursue their dreams and build a better future.