LESCO provides its consumers the facility to check their LESCO Online Bill (Bijli ka Bill) by visiting the official website lesco.gov.pk of LESCO. You can check the bill by entering your 14-digit reference number or 7-digit consumer ID.
This facility comes in handy when someone misplaces the bill or doesn’t get it in the first place. You can easily go to the official site of LESCO and enter the reference and customer ID number. You can find these numbers on your old LESCO Online Bills.
LESCO Duplicate Bill Check Online
The Lahore Electric Supply Company (LESCO) is a public utility company in Lahore, Pakistan, determined to provide reliable as well as affordable energy resources to its valuable consumers. Not only does this department work for its customers but also for the environment and fulfills its responsibility towards society.
It operates under the government-owned Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA) and aims to provide reliable and cost-effective electricity to residential, commercial, and industrial consumers of the Lahore district and its adjacent areas like Kasur, Sheikhupura and Okara districts.
LESCO workers work hard day and night, focusing on improving efficiency, reducing losses, and promoting energy conservation. Customers can avail of services through the nearest LESCO centers, online portals, and helpline numbers.
Click Here to Download: Lesco Online Bill
Check Your Electricity Bill Online
To check your LESCO Online bill, simply go to the website lesco.gov.pk and go to the ‘’customer bill’’ section. There you are required to enter the reference number and customer ID in the given space. You can find these numbers on your old LESCO electricity bills. Not only this, you can also download a copy of your Duplicate bills from their website.
You can also Check: IESCO online bill
- Lahore North Circle
- Lahore Central Circle
- Lahore East Circle
- Okara Circle
- Lahore South-East Circle
- Sheikhupura Circle
- Kasur Circle
- Nankana Circle
General Information Given on LESCO’s Bill
Following are the key components provided on your LESCO bill.
Name & Address
You will find the registered name of the customer and residential address on the top left corner of the bill.
On the top-left corner, right under the name and address, there is written a 14-digit reference number, 7-digit customer ID number and meter number.
This part has information about the tariff you pay for your connection. It tells you how much it costs and any extra money you have to pay, like taxes and fees.
This section shows the previous one-year billing history of the customer including units used and payments made.
The connection date on a LESCO Online bill indicates the date when your electricity connection was activated.
This section includes any outstanding dues payable as well as the total payable amount of the preceding month, the number of units consumed, and the due date.
Taxes & Other Information
GST is added to the total amount of the bill and currently, it is set at a rate of 17% on your LESCO Online bills.
This is an additional charge used to adjust the tariff rates based on fluctuations in fuel prices or other factors affecting the cost of generating electricity. The rate of this charge may change periodically.
Fuel Adjustment Surcharge (FAS)
To accommodate changes in fuel costs for electricity generation, an extra surcharge is applied. The rate of this charge may vary over time.
TV License Fee
If you own a television set, a fee called the TV License Fee is added to your electricity bill. Currently, this fee amounts to Rs. 100 per month.
Precautionary Measures By LESCO
Following are the safety measures provided by LESCO (Lahore Electric Supply Company) equipment when dealing with electricity:
- Only qualified and authorized individuals should handle or repair electrical equipment and wiring. Never attempt to do so yourself.
- Stay away from and avoid touching any fallen power lines. They might be active and dangerous. Keep a safe distance.
- Report any exposed or damaged electrical wiring to LESCO immediately.
- Don’t touch or use electrical appliances when your hands are wet or when you’re in the water.
- Always unplug electrical appliances before cleaning or fixing them.
- Use the right kind of light bulbs and fuses for your electrical appliances and fixtures.
- Avoid using electrical appliances or equipment in wet or damp places.
- Make sure to keep your electrical appliances far from things that can get hot, like stoves or heaters. Also, keep them away from water and anything that can easily catch fire.
- Avoid putting too many appliances or using too many extension cords in one electrical outlet. This can cause overloading and can be dangerous.
- If you have to dig or do any kind of digging work near electrical equipment or wires, it’s important to contact LESCO in advance. This will help ensure your safety and prevent any damage to the equipment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I pay my LESCO bill?
You can pay your LESCO bill at commercial bank branches all over the country that accept utility bills. Another option is to pay your bill online through banking channels or using Easypaisa and Jazzcash.
How to lodge a complaint with LESCO?
You can call on the customer care service to lodge a complaint. Or you can visit the nearest LESCO center also.
Can I have more than one metered connection?
Yes, you can apply for a new connection by visiting the nearest LESCO center and by providing the required documents by the department.