The Benazir income support program was launched in 2008 to address poverty in the country and alleviate it. The program was introduced with the aim of providing financial assistance to the needy and deserving people in our society.
In this article, I will give you a comprehensive guide on BISP 8171, its objectives, registration process, eligibility criteria, and other important updates.
How to Register the Benazir Income Support Program?
Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) Online Registration is now open and according to the new update, more than 9 million will be registered to the program. The payment amount for BISP has also been increased by the department and you can now apply for the program if you think you are eligible. If you want to get yourself registered in the BISP, then you must follow the process written below.
- Find and visit your nearest BISP office and go during working hours.
- Request a registration form from the reception or representative.
- Provide accurate personal and income information on the registration form.
- Return the completed form to the BISP office and make sure to provide accurate information.
- BISP will review your application form and conduct eligibility verification through NSER.
- If approved, you’ll receive a notification via SMS. You can also check the eligibility status at the web portal of BISP.
- Visit the designated cash center mentioned in the notification and provide identification to receive your monthly cash transfer. You can also use branchless banking channels to get your payment.
What are the required documents for Benazir Income Support Program?
- Bring your original and valid CNIC as proof of identity.
- Carry a recent passport-size photograph of yourself.
- Information about your family members, including their names, ages, and their relationship to you. This information will be needed to complete the registration form accurately.
- Provide a contact number that you own and is currently in use. This will enable BISP to communicate with you regarding your application and program updates.
- Bring a copy of your electricity bill or any other utility bill as proof of residence.
Benazir Income Support Program New Update
According to the new update in the Benazir income support program, NADRA and BISP 8171 will work closely for the better allocation of funds to the people. NADRA will open 647 dynamic registry offices all over the country and a new survey will be conducted for those who couldn’t take part in the previous one. Also, according to the new update in BISP, applicants can change any information in their previous survey. This agreement is made due to the following reasons:
- NADRA is going to keep BISP updated with all the latest information and new registrations.
- To get accurate and on-time information from NADRA.
- The new survey that will be conducted by NADRA will enroll women who couldn’t register themselves in the previous.
- The fresh survey will have a dynamic register to ensure transparency and efficiency of the entire process.
- Through the dynamic registry, applicants’ marital status, disabilities, family information, and biometrics will be updated according to the NADRA database.
- The dynamic register will ensure any discrepancies in the previous survey and will eradicate them.
- NADRA will also ensure to make CNICs of those who do not have them.
Benazir income support program is a great initiative to help the vulnerable and poor citizens of our society. This initiative was taken with the aim to provide financial assistance to the needy segments to our country. Over the years, multiple updates have been made in this program to enhance the efficiency and transparency of it.